Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Gross Oversights From the Last Update- A Must Read, Really

I would be completely remiss if I failed to include a few things.
#1
Baby Emily. Gabe's first bff. Kelly and Mary had a baby girl a month before Gabe was born. Her  name is Emily Jane and we have had fun posing the 2 of them together cuz 1 baby is cute but 2 babies is ridiculously cute.
here they are
#2
Bachelor. Even though it is long over:( it was a happy part of our lives and, so, must take its rightful place on the blog. Oliver and I became Bachelor junkies 3 seasons ago when Brad was the bachelor ( I beleive for the second time). We had a hoot and a hollar watching all of the shenannigans unfold, saying "come here to me" to each other (in true Brad fashion), and guessing what would happen. We have been faithful watchers ever since and this year the fun increased by having weekly viewing parties at Justin and Ashley's house. Ashley, being the pure awesome that she is, would have deliciousness to eat and we would enjoy the horror/hilarity that is the bachelor together. What a world.

#3
Uchdorf
Is that how you spell it? My mom, Greg, Gabe, and I went to a Rachmaninaf (now, I know that's not how you spell that, whatevs) concert at Temple Square. It was one of my favorite nights in a long time. It had everything; beautiful  music, a general authority sitting 3 rows in front of us, perfect weather and a long walk around dowtown Salt Lake, baked goods, Gabe, the near death of a loved one, and a very happy mom. Karen loves her some classical music. Greg got the hookup with tix in the reserved section, hence-seats so close to a mormon celeb. awesome. The night took a twist when we got a phone call from my aunt that said that my grandma Drummond had been taken to the hospital in an ambulance. Man, I love my grandma D. I feel a connection with her because I take after her in many ways. I have her craxy bow legs and fat ankles. I have her same affinity for "going" (as she would say. Translation- I like to get out and do things). I have her same scatter brainedness and love of stuffed animals. She is a great lady and I have many good memories of her. She has had alzheimers for the last, IDK, 8 years? It came on slowly and, at first, was kinda funny. She would do things like forget if she's already had pie and end up eating the whole thing. It was charming and harmless. But then it got worse and she has been pretty far gone for a long time. It makes me sad. When we thought that she might be heading heavenward, we were sad but very happy for her. It ended up being not a big deal and she is safely back being taken care of by the good people at California Park Care center. I hope she gets to go home soon. I love her. It was still a pretty good night, though:)
here's my grandma D












#4
I got the job, yo!!
Oh my goodness, I was completely convinced that I had not gotten the job at Mountain View. I interviewed on Wednesday (so did Stef) and we didn't hear anything till the next Tuesday. I thougth they would for sure hire Stef and not me cuz they wanted to hire an AP teacher and we didn't think they would trust either one of us with that. Anyway, they came in and faked like I didn't get it saying "this is our least favorite part of the job" and then said I got it and I was like, "good, cuz I was all ready with a speech about how you made a bad decision if I hadn't gotten it" and we laughed and it was good times. Stef got the other job and I am soooo glad to get to keep working with her. Moral of the story- have faith in yourself, for crying out loud.

1 comment:

  1. yay for bachelor! yay for babies! yay for jobs! and yay for you guys! i love your sweet family to pieces!

    ReplyDelete