Sunday, March 25, 2012

Back to Work- Welcome Grandma and Grandpa D

So, after my 6 week time off was over, it was back to work for me. I had mixed feelings about his and still do. On the one hand, I like having my own life and career and feeling like I am good at my job and have things to offer the world. On the other hand, I miss my Gabey and sometimes feel like I am abandoning him. Every working mom in the world can relate with this. I also feel like there is just not enough time to do everything that I want to do, hence, this whirlwind blog update:)
Gabe came to my classroom and, as you can see, he is a star student.

 However, making my transition back to work much easier was the fact that I know I am leaving Gabriel in the extremely capable hands of my mama. Oh man, I could not ask for a better lady to take care of him. She loves him to pieces and gives him hugs, kisses, loves, and so much attention. Now we have 5 adults and 1 baby living in a very small house. Serious shout-out to Greg for opening his home to us. That has allowed us to save money and not feel so stressed. What a great family I have. Now,  I had my concerns about living in such tight quarters and was worried that I'd feel smothered but, honestly, I don't. I think it's different for Oliver because it's not his immediate family, but I really am loving having them here. Now here's the part you will be jealous of: my mom makes dinner every night, and a good dinner too. She keeps the house spotless and we have a babysitter every time we want to go on a date. It is freakin' awesome. The down side is that there is a lot more fox news and judge judy in our house than we ever thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment