Friday, April 27, 2012

Why I blog

There seem to me to be so many reasons why people blog. The reason I blog is becuase it is like a journal for me. Ashley gave me the good idea of printing out my blog periodically and making it into a book. That book will provide endless entertainment and good feelings as my family gets older and we look back on our shared past. I love to look at pix and read my parents journals from when I was growing up. This blog is for me and my fam to enjoy and add to for years to come. It is also to share with my kids my thoughts and beliefs. Also, there is something about writing about my experiences that makes me appreciate them more and refelcting on them helps me to solidify my thoughts and beliefs.I also hope that anyone else who reads it will enjoy it, if not take something nice away from it. I was surprised to see that this blog has had almost 1,000 views. What? I know that is not all people we know, so I hope that whoever is reading it gets something good from it. Now, a clarifiation for all, especially my kiddos. This blog is a journal, not a diary. The difference is that this journal is where I record things that we do, things that we learn, things and people that we love, it is not where I write my innermost feelings, personal struggles, sadnesses, or where I work through problems. I do that in my diary- which is just a cheap notebook that I fill with my thoughts because it helps me get my head straight. I may sometimes talk about difficulties or trials on the blog because I believe that we can help each other through them, but most of it is saved for the diary of face to face talks. The reason why I wanted to point that out is so that anyone who stumbles across my blog doesn't think that everything is fun and roses. I try to be as real as I can at all times and I realized that my blog of fun things that we do may have the potential to make someone out there (even just a nice girl meandering around the blogosphere who I've never met) feel bad about herself or think that we don't have problems and I don't want that. I have fallen prey to that kind of thinking myself and felt jealous of people I don't even know because thier blog life is perfection. Know that if you saw my diary, you would be reasured that every fruit-loop thought that goes through your head is perfectly normal and that I probably think a lot worse:) This blog is also not where I record spiritual promptings. That is in another notebook that I take with me to church and use for study. I would recommend this system of 3 separate recording spaces to anyone with an interest. It works out great for me: )

2 comments:

  1. i was thinking of you the other day. i was looking through some old pictures and came across when you "pulled me into town" on your bike with me behind on my skateboard. good old days!! i miss you! when are you coming to visit again??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you Kim. :) Keep on bloggin', please!

    ReplyDelete