Sunday, March 25, 2012

Life since Baby

Since Gabey was born we have returned to normal life but now we have a cute little sidekick with us. He makes everything more fun, well, that's not true, sometimes he makes things more difficult, but he definitely makes everything more cute, that's for sure. I had 6 weeks off from work to be home and recover. Those were good/hard weeks. I kind of took it day by day. I was recovering and that was not fun. Oliver would, more often than not, have to come into the bathroom with me during baths and showers to keep me company and I felt like I my body would never feel normal again. I also felt lonely during the days cuz I didn't feel well enough to get out and about. All of that was mixed with feelings of awe that I was now a mom and that this beautiful little baby was actually my baby. It still doesn't really click that Gabe is what was in that big bump in my belly. That's just too weird. I struggled with feelings of sadness and loneliness and then feeling bad that I felt like that instead of taking advantage of every second I had with my Gabey. I wanted to hug him every minute and tell him that I would teach him everything he needs to know to make this hard/wonderful life okay/wonderful. I wanted to enjoy all of my time off with him, but I just had to come to grips with the fact that I had to sleep a lot and that is okay. And sometimes when I was awake I had to just feel sad and that was okay too. Well, my body did get back to feeling normal!!!! And even looking almost kind of normal:) And now I want another baby.
here are some pix of Gabey in the early days

No comments:

Post a Comment